Wednesday 11 December 2013

Iconography of Horror Films



I created the collage above using the app PicCollage. I used these images to show typical iconography in horror films. This includes scary characters which may be possessed, as seen in 'Insidious' and 'The Exorcist'. Some films include supernatural creatures such as vampires or werewolves. A lot of horror films include blood and gore, as seen in 'Saw' and 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. Additionally, horror films are typically set in "haunted" or abandoned houses. The victim in the films will usually be represented as hyperbolically scared, which can be seen in 'Scream'.
This activity has given me an insight into what it stereotypically included in horror films, therefore I can use some of this iconography in my own title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment